KC Farms link

We've moved! Find us now at www.pasturedeficitdisorder.com

You can still "Like" us at KCFarms on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/KCFarms

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Her Royal Highness

Gracie, aka Fred, aka short pants, aka the cat that thinks she's a big dog, and now aka Her Royal Highness is a piece of work in our house.  Granted, she's a cat, but that girl thinks what's hers is hers and what's ours is hers.  She has taken to sleeping on my pillow with me.  And I admit that it's all my fault.  It all started because I sent my darling hubby a hilarious cartoon from Mutts one day - the cat was sleeping draped across the dad's head.  I kid you not, that VERY NIGHT, Gracie decided to take up post on my pillow with me.  I even blamed him for showing the cartoon to her and giving her ideas.

Well, I'm not giving up as easily as Maggie (see earlier post).  But it's not easy, let me tell you.  Maybe I should just sleep with Maggie - she would share her bed with me even if she won't share it with HRH.

Sunday morning, Kent was headed up to Temple early and I was snoozing still.  He said he wished he could have turned the lights on, because HRH was draped across the top of my head, back hoof dangling down the side of my face, just like that cartoon!  The last few nights I have removed her from my pillow repeatedly, but she keeps coming back.  One early, wee hours of the morning this week, I got up to go to the restroom.  When I came back, she had spread out, covering the ENTIRE pillow!  What's a mom to do?  I moved her four times last night - and finally gave up. As long as she gives me at least half of the pillow...

1 comment:

  1. Prada has been doing that lately too. They just keep coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete