KC Farms link

We've moved! Find us now at www.pasturedeficitdisorder.com

You can still "Like" us at KCFarms on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/KCFarms

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Where does the time go?

Gee whiz!  How on earth has it been two weeks since I've posted?  And with nothing big or exciting to report.  What's up with that?

The raspberry jam has been a huge hit with everyone who has tried it.  YAY!

The worms are doing well and working quickly to turn all the scraps we can give them into garden gold.   We have another batch on the way this week.  Hubby says he's going to have to build a new bin or add on already.  Worms are so awesome!

I knitted my very first scarf using a loom this weekend.  It's so pretty and slated to be a Christmas gift...young girls can't have too many scarves, can they?  Hopefully it'll be loved just because it was made with so much love (and excitement at creating something with a newly learned craft skill!).  The only problem is I don't know how to finish it off (I think that's called "casting off") so that it doesn't unravel!!  Surely there are some easy to understand instructions out there...I hope...It won't be nearly as pretty to wear with the loom still attached.  :D

Hopefully more to report very soon.  Until then...worms rule.

Copyright © 2011. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I've been teaching myself to knit, and I've found youtube videos to be a huge help to me. I'm not sure how you do it with a loom, but there are a lot of youtube videos that show how to cast off with knitting needles. Maybe searching for "how to cast off knitting with a loom" at www.youtube.com would bring back results that would help? At any rate, I'd love to see a picture of the scarf!

    ReplyDelete